The Association is run by a Board, consisting of one representtive from each of the Branches. This ensures that the Association is controlled by the Branches and responds to their needs.
However, as the Board meets only infrequently (but at least once a year), the day-to-day management of the Association is the responsibility of the Chair, who may be assisted by a Vice Chair.
The Chair, who is appointed by the Board, represents the Association at external events, co-ordinates communication between the Branches, maintains the records, and overses the finances.
The finances of the Association are subject to an annual examination by external accountants, whose report is presented to the Association's Annual General Meeting
The AGM is held no later than 30th June in each year.
The complete Rules of the Association are available under Aims.
Current Officers of the Association
Chair: Tim Meadley (who may be contacted at email@example.com)
Vice Chair: David Woodnott (who may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Association held its Annual General Meeting for 2023 at the Upchurch River Valley Golf Club on Wednesday 14 June 2023
Over sixty Members of the Association attended the meeting, with most of the Branches being represented.
The meeting was Chaired by Tricia Shephard, Vice President. Highlights included:
- A brief silence was held to remember those Members of the Association who had passed away recently, including Trevor Dole, a Vice President of the Association and long-time member of the Management Committee.
- The Membership Cup was presented to Sittingbourne Branch.
- The Annual Report from the Chairman, Bernard Thompson, was received.
- Proposed changes to the Association's Constitution and Rules, required to implement the new model for the Association adopted at the 2022 AGM, were referred to the Management Committee.
- Bernard Thompson was re-elected as Chairman.
A video recording of the meeting is available HERE.